Directors of the Joshua Basin Water District Board, in accordance with the Brown Act, provide governance. They have jurisdiction over water concerns that can or may impact the water resource of Joshua Tree community.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing a sustainable and affordable long term supply of clean, pure water to our customers
- Protecting and preserving the District’s precious groundwater
- Reviewing and approving operational budgets
- Setting water rates (costs to consumers)
- Cooperating with other agencies as appropriate
- Continually educating themselves on water issues and developments