Joshua Basin Water District Citizens Advisory Committee
The Board of Directors established the Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) in May 2005, initially as a temporary “blue ribbon” committee, and later as a permanent body. The Committee advises the Board on the most important policy issues to be sure that the needs of working and retired residential customers, local businesses, and other stakeholders are considered when the Board adopts new policies. Intended to be broad-based, the committee can include as many as 15 representatives, and the JBWD General Manager oversees the committee meetings.
The CAC has been instrumental in advising the Board on issues such as:
- Importing water from Northern California
- Adopting an Urban Water Management Plan
- Drafting a desert-friendly landscape strategy for new development •Implementing a sound financial plan
- Establishing water conservation programs
- Establishing water education programs Establishing water quality and waste water strategies The CAC has been invaluable beyond initial expectations. It has proven to be an excellent “sounding board” of the Community, facilitating two-way communication between the District and other community interests.
The Public is encouraged to attend the Citizens Advisory Committee meetings. Meetings are held at the District offices, every other month on the second Tuesday at 7PM. Call the District at 760-366-8438 if you would like to be notified of upcoming meetings.
Joshua Tree Municipal Advisory Committee
The Joshua Basin Water District provides routine updates, as well as, special presentations when called upon, to the Joshua Tree Municipal Advisory Committee, which is appointed by the 3rd District Supervisor and meets monthly.
Farmers Market, Joshua Tree
March through November, Saturday mornings in Joshua Tree at Turtle Island, the Joshua Basin Water District provides a cooling and information station to the general public, complete with free ice-cold tap water! Monthly themes at the booth allow for interesting educational opportunities and conversations related to water, water wise gardening, and more! Stop by and say, “Hi!”
Morongo Basin Conservation Association
The Joshua Basin Water District partners with the Morongo Basin Conservation Association for seasonal workshops related to water wise gardening, children’s educational workshops on water conservation, and more.
Joshua Basin Water District maintains an active Facebook page with regular postings of water news, events, pictures, water wise gardening tips for each month, and articles of interest related to water. Join us on Facebook and keep informed on the latest news on water!