Inactive Meters

The requirement for a building permit to activate service for an inactive meter for non-development purposes only, HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.  If a customer wants to install a meter to water plants on their vacant parcel, for example, there is no need for a building permit– AT THIS TIME. And, if a customer is developing the property, we will still require a building permit.   We are still requiring the county-assigned address in all situations. This notice is subject to change pending further Board Action.

Inactive Meter FAQs at a glance

Inactive Meter Information for ALL JBWD 

 OPT OUT AGREEMENT (This form requires an original signature) Please mail or drop off this form to the JBWD.

2013 inactive meter mailing 

Prop 218 Public Hearing Notice for Inactive Meters

Letter to Inactive Account Holders