Save Water Indoors
Indoor Water Saving Tips
- Check all plumbing for leaks; a faucet dripping one drop per second can waste 2,700 gallons per year. A leaking toilet can waste up to 50 gallons of water a day.
- Keep showers short.
- Turn off water while brushing teeth or shaving.
- Wash only full loads in the clothes washer and dishwasher.
- Consider replacing older water-using appliances such as clothes washers with newer, more efficient models. High efficiency clothes washers can save up to 30 gallons a load.
- In addition to new appliances, replace other water guzzling devices. Change to low-flow shower heads and high efficiency toilets.
- Participate in the “Save Our Water” rebate program to save water and money.
- Save water at home: http://www.homeadvisor.com/r/home-water-conservation